2019 STIHL MSE 170 C-BQ
A durable corded electric chainsaw with power to spare.
This isn't your father's electric chainsaw. Power, durability and advanced cutting technology abound in the MSE 170 C-BQ. Now you can leave behind fuel costs, exhaust fumes and engine maintenance without sacrificing reliable cutting power. This electric chainsaw delivers all the power you need for tasks around the home (even indoors). With a powerhead weight of just under 8.5 pounds, the MSE 170 C-BQ is light enough for agile cutting work and features a wide trigger switch and the toolless Quick Chain Adjuster for easy operation. There's even a coast-down feature which quickly stops the rotating chain when the trigger is released. Just plug it in and put it to work.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature" seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions" as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- STIHL Quickstop® Plus (Q) - an additional chain braking feature: STIHL offers an additional, manually-activated chain brake on some models. This system is designed to engage when the operator's right hand completely releases the rear handle, stopping the chain within one second. Available on some models.
- STIHL Quickstop®: STIHL chainsaws are equipped with a chain stopping system designed to reduce the risk of injury in certain kickback situations. It is called a STIHL Quickstop® chain brake. The STIHL Quickstop® chain brake is designed to stop the rotation of the chain if activated by the operator's hand or by inertia if the saw kicks back with sufficient force. In some working positions, the STIHL Quickstop® chain brake can be activated by inertia, stopping the chain within fractions of a second.
- Wide Throttle Trigger
- Powerhead Weight: 3.8 kg (8.4 lb.)
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended Ranges): 30 to 40 cm (12" to 16") STIHL ROLLOMATIC® E
- Motor Output: 1.6 kW (13.1 amps)
- Voltage: 120 volt (60 Hz)
- Oilomatic® Chain: 3/8" PM3
- Chain Oil Capacity: 200 cc (6.8 oz.)
- Power Source: Electric
- 8.4 lb. (3.8 kg)
- Bar Length Options
- 12 in. to 16 in. (30 to 40 cm)